Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

My Engagement Story




Hey,
So I know everyone is dying to know, how Stephen purposed to me. Everyone wants to know the details of the whole thing. Well I am going to tell you all at once on here. It all started on Wednesday. Usually Stephen comes down to spend time with me on Wednesday but we both agree that money wise it’s not the best thing to be doing. So last Wednesday I went to bed earlier then I have in awhile. During the night I had a dream. The dream I had was a candlelight dinner with Stephen. Of course in the dream, Stephen had a cocky smile on his face. Well when I woke up on Thursday I told Stephen the dream and he said, “We can do that this weekend.” So Thursday night Stephen prepared for a candlelight dinner. On Friday, I went through my normal routine and went class then to work till two. While I was at work being pretty bored I was thinking about Stephen’s and I past. I was thinking about our first dance when we were fourteen. Then the first time we doubled with someone on a date. The first time he asked me to a school dance. The first time he asked me to be his girlfriend. The first time we held hands, first kiss, first I love yous, first breakup, first Sunday call. I asked him in a txt “What do you think I am thinking of.” He sent me one back saying, “Your thinking that I might purpose to you tonight. Which I am not going to purpose to you at dinner.” I wasn’t thinking about it until he said something. But I let it go.
That night when I got home. Mom and me went to get my hair trimmed and eyebrows wax. Both which was much needed. Then on the way back home so I could hop in the shower. We saw a hot air balloon that was about to hit the ground so we followed it and watched them take it down in a field. Then went home. I hopped in the shower and when I got out Stephen was there. He helped my mom put two new hoses on the washer and then we left for his house after he called Peter to tell him to light the candles. When we got there all the lights were off but it looked like the lights were still on. I put my things that I brought with me down in his room and then I went upstairs. The table was gorgeous. He had the cd that I made him with all the songs that reminded us of our relationship playing on his laptop. I went to sit down with my back to the window and he looked up and said, “That’s my seat.” So I changed seats without thinking. He brought the food over, Pork with potatoes and carrots and green beans. He then picked up his glass and held it looking at me, still standing. I thinking he was going to give a toast raised my own glass and looked at him. He then said raising his glass, “Marry Me.” He then gestured to the candlestick in the middle of the table and there was my ring facing me. I was gobsmacked and in total shock. He pulled the ring off and I just nodded my head yes. He placed the ring on my finger and then kissed me. On the laptop the song was Love Story by Taylor Swift.
After dinner we stood up and danced to our song, “Don’t wanna miss a thing.” And kept dancing before long I was really antsy I wanted to call some people but didn’t want to ruin the moment either. Finally, he pulled away and he goes, “Okay go ahead and call people.” So we were on the phones sending out mass txt messages and then me calling some siblings. Then he cleaned the table and made it look like everything was back to what it was before he asked me. Then we took tons of pictures of the whole thing. After awhile it was getting really hot in the room. We found out that the candles made the room 90 degrees. So we blew out all forty two candles in the room and then I changed into something else. When I was done we went to go to QT to get a couple of sodas. On the way out of the parking lot. Stephen slammed on his breaks and said, “No way.” I thought he saw someone he knew. But he opened his car door and reached down and there was a rose unharmed. He gave it to me and we both cracked up laughing. Everything was perfect. We chose a date and a place. July 11th, 2009 at the stake center in Olathe.

Kk

No comments: