Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

First Week with Kids

Hey, I can't say much about my first week with kids as the internet can take whatever I say and change it. But I have learned a lot in my first year with kindergartners. I know for sure that I wouldn't mind teaching in this grade. It's never a dull moment with them and it's so much fun. We have some challenging kids in my classroom and I just love them. I love their little minds and how sometimes when they do something I just chuckle. I am at a very diverse school with the students. I am learning so much being in such a diverse area. I am not all upset that I didn't get the elementary school that I wanted or that I didn't go to Olathe. I don't think i would have some of these experiences in other areas. Like I said it wouldn't be right to talk about them so really can't say what I learned. But I am more blessed then I have ever realized. I learned that my mom was one of the best in teaching me and pushing me. Never saying I couldn't do anything and I am grateful for that. I am grateful that I had food for three meals a day more then anything. I did learn though that kindergartens who don't know how to tie shoes need to go to school with velco shoes. I can't tell you how many shoes I have had to tie in two days alone. -Kendra Loving life.

No comments: