Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

Hey,
Well things have gotten quite busy here at school and in life in general since I last written. I am sorry about not writing. I’ll try to write more but hopefully won’t bore you guys to death in the process. All my classes are speeding up, I just had a test today in my history class and I think I did pretty well. It was an interesting period that we were studying the time right before World War I. Then went to biology and lately I am having trouble keeping up in the lecture with notes. So I brought my laptop with me to class and typed my notes as he was talking and let me tell you it was so much easier…I am so bringing my laptop to class now. I might do the same thing in history now. In fiction writing we are finally out of the romantic period and now working on realism so look forward to my work in that department soon. My math class was cancelled on Monday so that meant no class this past Monday. But on Friday we had a test that was only nine questions and it was pretty easy to tell the truth. I think though I missed a question or two. Things happen. That’s what’s going on in school.
My mom went in the hospital again this past week and finally got out yesterday morning. Thanks for all the people who went to see her while she was there. There is no sign of her having surgery anytime soon so it’s a touch and go situation. In other news Stephen came down for Valentine’s Day weekend and we went out to eat on Saturday. We went to a really nice place here called Montana Mikes it’s a steakhouse and it’s pretty good price. Of course the place was packed but it didn’t take long for us to get a table and then to get our food. The waitress was really nice as well Stephen and I said that we would most likely come back. Then Stephen and I went back to my dorm room and we exchanged gifts for Valentine’s Day. He got me a practical gift which was an mp3 because my last one had died most likely from me using all the time. The mp3 player actually looks a lot like a ipod so it’s pretty cool and I will use it. Actually it already has music on it. I gave Stephen four wine goblets that I painted myself. I love painting pottery and I think I have gotten pretty good at it. You should see all my pottery I have done since I started painting there.
Also on Monday I started my brand new job. I work at the library in the technology area. I deal with the very very old books and journals. I must thank my mom and the Family History Center back home for teaching me about macro film. My job is to use a huge binder that has about over 1,000 pages in it and go through every single book that has journals in it and make sure all the journals/magazines that are suppose to be there are there. That will take the whole semester in working on that. Through I am on my feet most of the time I do get to listen to music and that is a good thing because I am pretty much by myself. Though I had a life scaring event on Monday at work. I was working in the shelves area where the shelves will fold together so people can go down another. Well they have senors so they won’t close in on them. I must be small enough that the sensor didn’t catch me and the shelf I was working on started to close in on me…thankfully I moved real quick and walked where the sensor was. But after that I was really shaky for awhile.

I think that is it for now. I’ll write Thursday if I can’t figure out what to write I have a thing that I barely use called a journal jar and answer some questions on here that are written on pieces of paper in the jar.

Kk

No comments: